Staying at home and away from others
New orders from Prime Minister on Monday 23rd March
When we reduce our day-to-day contact with other people, we will reduce the spread of the infection. That is why the government is now introducing three new measures:
1. Requiring people to stay at home, except for very limited purposes
2. Closing non-essential shops and community spaces
3. Stopping all gatherings of more than two people in public
Read full guidance at: nhs.uk/coronavirus
As a result of this Newton Longville Parish Council is ordered to close the play area at Hammond Park. Please respect this. Hammond Park will remain open but all visitors must obey the new rules or it may be necessary to close the park.
Stay at home if you have coronavirus symptoms
Stay at home if you have either:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
Do not go to a GP surgery, pharmacy or hospital.